Trying to determine what is the best video conferencing app for your organization or business? Let’s take a look at the top options.
In the search to find out what is the best video conferencing app, you may come up with an overwhelming list of options. It can be a challenge to determine the right product to meet your needs. Identify the ultimate goal for your video conferencing purposes. This will help you to narrow down the options and ensure you are doing everything possible to set up your video conferences for success.
Not all applications are ideal for all purposes. For example, what works for a university’s video conferencing may not be right for a house of worship. The same is true for organizations and businesses. Each one will have unique needs and objectives. Therefore, it is important to take those into consideration as you integrate your video conferencing solutions.
What Are Your Video Conferencing Goals?
Sit down with your administration or leadership team to determine what you hope to accomplish through video conferencing. Identify the current system’s weaknesses. Then discuss how you hope video conferencing will help to make your communications stronger and more effective.
During this exploratory process, it can be helpful to have video conferencing consultants there to guide you. They can help you to consider things you may not otherwise discuss. An experienced consultant will be able to show you what you can do differently to make your video conferencing better. Plus, they can point you to the ideal solutions for growth and success.
Some important questions to ask during this exploratory process:
- Who will be using the video conferencing?
- What is the current hardware available for this task, and how can it be updated?
- Do you know the current weaknesses in the video conferencing process?
- What solutions are available to make the entire process easier and more streamlined?
- Who is qualified to update and maintain video conferencing software and hardware as needed?
- What functionality would you like to see in your ideal video conferencing app?
Today’s Best Video Conferencing Apps
You cannot effectively run an organization or company without meetings. For some organizations, the ability to bring everyone together for a meeting will be the primary purpose of the video conferencing solutions. In those cases, it will be essential to have a mobile app that will work while participants are on-the-go.
The right applications will mean that users can connect to everyone else no matter where they happen to be—whether they are working remotely from home, on a beach for vacation, or waiting in the pick-up line at their kids’ school.
In the case of educational institutions, the video conferencing app may need to bring students together for a study session or connect an instructor with his or her students.
The uses for video conferencing are as varied as the users, but one thing is certain: the video conferencing app needs to work. Downtime isn’t an option. Glitches will only increase frustrating and impact the quality of the interactions.
Here are some of today’s best video conferencing apps that get our virtual seal of approval:
- Zoom: A newer app to the game, Zoom entered the scene in 2011 and features good video quality and screen-sharing capabilities as well as stellar customer service.
- Webex: Coming from Cisco, one of the largest technology corporations in the world, Webex is one of the top choices for today’s companies. It features high-quality audio and video as well as more advanced features, including annotating and polling.
- RingCentral: This app has add-on apps, including a webinar and room app you can tailor to meet your specific needs.
- Skype for Business: Featuring 24/7 customer support and large capacity for virtual sharing file storage, the Skype for Business app is a tool that lives up to its name.
- Join.me: This app is ideal for companies that want to focus on branding and video customization. You can tailor URLs for your meetings or design the meeting backgrounds to match up with your brand—all while having top quality video and audio.
- GoToMeeting: This app is currently one of the most popular and highly-rated video conferencing apps on the market today. The design is simple enough for new users to join with ease, while it has more advanced in-meeting features for hosts who want to customize the video conference experience.
Let the Right Video Conferencing Solutions Bring It All Together
As you know, the video conferencing app is only one piece of the puzzle to achieving a successful video conference experience. If your organization’s hardware or technology is lacking, even the best video conferencing app will not be enough.
Vizual Symphony offers the latest in video conferencing solutions to help you accomplish your goals and take full advantage of all these apps have to offer. Our expert audiovisual consultants make the entire process easy for you. We’ll ensure you have the pieces in place to maximize your video conferencing.
Connect with us online now to schedule a consultation or to learn more about the best video conferencing app.
Get the “7 Steps to Audio Visual Managed Services” Free Today!
Discover exactly how business owners and organization leaders like you can take advantage of our Vizual Shield Audio Visual as a Service (AVaaS) program to obtain and pay for the technology solutions you need.