How does Vizual Symphony help museums to create the most memorable technology experiences? Find out through this case study.
The Goal: To provide AV integration for a local museum to enhance touch interactivity, high-impact visuals, and a memorable technology experience for museum visitors.
While a museum is designed to exhibit objects of historical interest, this local museum found itself becoming more of a living history museum—as in, living in the days of technology past. The museum leadership wanted to integrate new technology but didn’t know where to begin.
Without a significant budget set aside for technology, the museum found itself at a crossroad with two possible paths:
- Keep the museum as it is with minimal technology and low visitor numbers, or
- Invest in the future of the museum in hopes of attracting new visitors with an interactive museum experience.
During a free consultation, Vizual Symphony worked closely with this client to weigh the pros and cons of moving forward with technology updates. The museum leadership realized the right choice was clear: they had to move forward to keep the museum relevant and thriving.
From there, our team spent a significant amount of time assessing the existing museum space and exhibits. We then developed a customized plan for technology integration to bring the museum into present day. With the museum leadership and staff on board, we were able to make the necessary changes quickly without disrupting the regular museum visitor traffic and events.
Vizual Symphony’s Museum AV Applications
Our customized plan included the following tech applications for museums:
- Virtual Reality Experiences through AV Integration: Today’s museums must give visitors the full-body experience. We were able to use video projection and other Virtual Reality technology to add a completely new feature exhibit to the museum. This brought in new visitors and received rave reviews.
- Digital Signage: Our client cared about the environment and understood digital signage was the more environmentally responsible choice, so we replaced all of the print media and posters on the walls with digital signs. The staff could change the signs with a click of a button, making it easier to inform visitors of new exhibits and events.
- Lecture Capture: Through VS lecture capture, we were able to bring lectures from topical experts and other museum curators directly to the museum visitors with amazing sound and video clarity.
- Video Recording: Adding more interactive elements was important to the museum leadership, so we created a new exhibit where visitors could record themselves storytelling or sharing their reviews of exhibits to share with other visitors to the museum.
- Training for Staff: The team ensured key museum staff members received the necessary training to utilize and troubleshoot all new technology.
Because all of our AV applications come with attentive customer and technology support, we have continued to keep in touch with this museum through regular meetings and calls. When they encounter problems or issues, they know they can come to Vizual Symphony for solutions and maintenance.
What Kind of ROI Can Museums Expect?
Our museum clients understand that bringing their facilities up-to-date with the latest technology is an investment worth making. It’s no longer acceptable for museums to fall behind in technology while the rest of the world advances. In fact, museums that are unable to make the switch to enhanced AV technology often face the consequences through lower attendance, reduced profits, and an inability to keep doors open to the public.
However, with the right technology and services in place, the sky is the limit for your museum. Now is the time to reinvent your exhibits and bring your vision to life with the latest, greatest tech integration.
Is your museum interested in taking the next steps to integrate the latest in AV technology? Let Vizual Symphony guide you! You will be pleased to know we have the financing and payment options available to keep your investment affordable. You will be amazed by the return on investment your museum will experience in the following years. We offer third party financing and even 5-year financing with automatic system upgrades and maintenance included.
Reach out to our team today to learn more about our flexible payment options to meet your museum budget needs. Contact us online now for a free consultation for your museum or to learn more about our case studies involving Vizual Symphony’s technology applications for museums.
La Cañada Unified School District
Southern California Christian University
LAUSD Technical Director and Certified Apple Teacher