Find out how Vizual Symphony upgraded this local municipality’s technology structure to help it run more efficiently.
The Goal: Bring a 10 year-old system up-to-date with the latest technology so the city can run more efficiently with enhanced communication and collaboration.
Thanks to a 10 year-old computer system, this California city was struggling to be as efficient as it needed to be. Because Vizual Symphony had completed a system for the city’s ballroom in the past, the administrator decided to bring us on to handle their computer system upgrade. They hoped the relationship would be as productive as it had been during the ballroom upgrade project.
Their primary challenges included:
- Outdated computers and devices that were no longer working or were not working consistently
- Software application updates that they had neglected
- Lack of consistency in technology use throughout the municipality offices; some departments counted on technology to do their jobs, while others avoided it at all costs
- Lack of knowledge and training regarding how to use technology to make the city run as efficiently as possible
As soon as our team was on the scene, we identified the areas of weakness and offered suggestions for improvement. It was the clear the City administrators knew what was working and what wasn’t working with their computer system, but didn’t really know how to solve their problems and get everyone on the same technology page.
The City decided to jump on nearly every suggestion we made for system updates and upgrades, such as:
- A full upgrade for the council chambers, delivering innovative audio-visual tech solutions to develop a system that everyone could use and be proud of
- Getting all of the departments on a standardized system so everyone would be using the same technology and equipment
- Training for all staff members on how to use the upgraded system to enhance their workflow, collaboration, and communication.
Because we were involved with the City administrators early on in the upgrade process, we were able to act as a consultant, guiding them in the right direction and helping them to make the best decisions throughout the process. We developed an ongoing maintenance contract with the municipality, so we can continue to check on the health of their new system and address any concerns immediately.
Vizual Symphony’s Tech Applications for Municipalities
Our applications for this municipality included the following:
- Video conferencing technology to promote collaboration and team-based planning
- Standardized system in all City departments to ensure staff members were on the same page and had the tools necessary to keep productivity high
- Digital signage to replace print media, billboards, and other stagnant signs; as a city that places a high priority on being environmentally responsible, the client appreciated the opportunity to invest in a greener alternative to print media; the digital signs also offered more opportunities to inform residents.
What Kind of ROI Can Municipalities Expect with Vizual Symphony?
An investment in a standardized system for city departments, the latest in A/V technology, and/or digital signage will result in significant return on investment for most municipalities. City administrators who see the value of keeping up with the latest in technology are leading their cities and residents in the right direction.
When employees and departments can work at a higher level of efficiency and productivity, there will be improvements and growth that even residents will notice.
Is your city interested in taking the next steps to integrate the latest technology into your daily operations? Vizual Symphony can provide the tools and resources to guide you. Don’t let the cost hold you back! We now have the financing and payment options available to keep your investment affordable. Consider our 5-year, third party financing that includes with automatic system upgrades and maintenance.
Connect with our team today to learn more about the flexible payment options to meet your City’s budget needs. Reach out to us online now for a free consultation.
La Cañada Unified School District
Southern California Christian University
LAUSD Technical Director and Certified Apple Teacher